Welcome to Hope for Harare
Hope for Harare is a charitable enterprise, set up by Greg and Sophie Sangwine in the summer of 2012, and with the first milestone being the opening of One Way Pre-School, in Mabelreign, Harare in January 2013, followed by an extension to add Primary classes in 2015, so the school became One Way School
Since then, a class (grade) has been added each year, and the school now has over 260 children and 22 staff. Thank you for visiting our website.
About the School
- At One Way School we strive to provide an excellent education, valuing each child as an individual.
- The school was established run by Greg and Sophie Sangwine who moved to Zimbabwe in August 2012 – initially for two years, which turned into seven. In August 2019, they moved back to the UK, and continue to support and lead the school from a distance, as well as visiting Harare as often as they possibly can
- Both Sophie and Greg trained as teachers in London, England and share many years’ experience of teaching experience between them.
- One Way Pre-School officially opened on Monday 7th January 2013, and the Primary School opened 13 Jan 2015.
- We are a church school for children aged 3 years upwards.
- The school serves the whole community, and welcomes children of any faith or no faith.
- We also provide a free education for a number of orphans or disadvantaged children, who would not otherwise be able to attend school.
At One Way School, we combine the English Early Years Curriculum with the Ministry of Education for Zimbabwe requirements. We are a church run school therefore our education is Christian based, but children do not need to attend the church in order to attend the school (around 2/3 of the children are not from the church), and we welcome children of all faiths, and no faith.